obsessions

Feb 24, 2010

idiocy/ FAILURE

I punched myself in the face. I really, truly did. Not on purpose, mind you. I was just drifting off to sleep a couple of nights ago, and I went to pull the blankets up higher. Obviously, I am so inhumanly strong that I managed to lose control of my own fist, and popped myself in the nose. I also hit my lip. It was swollen, and I have a scar on my nose. Sometimes I wonder how ridiculous one person can actually get before they explode due to over ridiculousness. Sigh.


I haven't updated in a while, but I've been focusing on my studies, lots of midterms the past couple of weeks. I have been thinking of updating though, so I'm proud of myself.

I've been thinking a lot about my university experiences. When I was in high school, my teachers always gave lectures on how in university they "weren't going to spoon feed" us and that they wouldn't even tell us when tests were, we'd just have to make sure to keep our syllabus. The first part is true,


Okay, really disappointed in myself.  I did have the excuse of midterms. Now I have no excuse. I had a six day midterm break, so I'm just a failure.

Anyways.............. The first part is true, they don't spoon-feed you in university. You have to learn, and keep good study habits. The second part, however was a complete lie, at least for me. All of my profs are very good at informing us of when our exams are going to be.

I was also thinking about my first ever experience at University. I had just gotten off the bus (which is an entirely different story, the bus, that is). I go to one of the doors at the university center, and I opened it, only to walk into the tallest person I have ever seen. Not only was he about 6' 11", he was also black. I don't mean that as in white/black, nor am I afraid of "black people". What I mean is that he was actually the colour black, not brown, he was pitch black. I wasn't afraid of him for his race, or the stereotypes that go along with it, but because the sheer colour just frightened me. He was also wearing clothes that were about 4 sizes too big for him, which just made him even more intimidating. I have since seen (and ran into) this guy at least two more times. It's pretty strange.

Anyways, I am going to bed now, even though I don't have class until 1 tomorrow, and I only have one class, but I want to get a good nights rest.

Best Wishes,
Heidi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home